Friday, August 14, 2009

Hollywood Wax Museum

We went to the Hollywood Wax Museum I'm apparently some kind of anomaly in that I really thing wax museums are cool. This one has the distinction of being even cooler by not simply having you walk through and look at stuff. It dresses it's mannequins as their characters and poses them on a set, where visitors can join them for picture taking. They also have mostly recent celebrities ranging from the Pop Divas

Photobucket

To Hugh Hefner

Photobucket

To Jeff Gordon

Photobucket

To the new Charlie's Angels

Photobucket

They also have a horror chamber, which is set in an alcove away from the other sets. That is especially nice for younger kids who might be frightened by the scenes inside. Although it is expensive, it is pretty fun and they do offer a discount if you purchase Star Cars tickets as well.

Overall, it was a funny, silly way to kill about 45 minutes, especially if you have kids, or adults that act like kids, who are willing to pose on the various sets. This attraction gets 3.5 stars because of the limited time the enjoyment lasts, the cost involved, and the fact that some of the mannequins were so poorly rendered I had a hard time figuring out who they were supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
    Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Air Tickets to Windhoek

    ReplyDelete